using the jsr166 package with Java SE 5?

using the jsr166 package with Java SE 5?

Marko Asplund-2
hi

i'd like to use some of the new collection classes such as
ConcurrentSkipListMap in the jsr166 package with Java SE 5. is it
possible to use the package with Java SE 5?

the jsr166.jar doesn't work with Java SE 5 because apparently it's
been compiled with Mustang.

the backport-util-concurrent package doesn't seem to work with the
new language features in Java SE 5.

br.
--
        marko

Re: using the jsr166 package with Java SE 5?

Doug Lea
Marko Asplund wrote:
> hi
>
> i'd like to use some of the new collection classes such as
> ConcurrentSkipListMap in the jsr166 package with Java SE 5. is it
> possible to use the package with Java SE 5?
>
> the jsr166.jar doesn't work with Java SE 5 because apparently it's been
> compiled with Mustang.

Ordinarily, I'd point you to the jsr166x.jar (not jsr166.jar) at
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/index.html
But at the moment, the jsr166x versions of Navigable{Map,Set}
aren't in sync with recent changes in Mustang versions. If
anyone would like to volunteer to do so, please feel free!
Otherwise it might be a while.