toc : Java Concurrency in Practice?

Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men

Is there a table of content of 'Java Concurrency in Practice'?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Peter Veentjer
Anchor Men Interactive Solutions - duidelijk in zakelijke
internetoplossingen

Praediniussingel 41
9711 AE Groningen

T: 050-3115222
F: 050-5891696
E: [hidden email]
I : www.anchormen.nl

Re: toc : Java Concurrency in Practice?

Brian Goetz
> Is there a table of content of 'Java Concurrency in Practice'?

Concurrency
More concurrency
Concurrency in the kitchen
Concurrency on the farm
Concurrency on holiday

OK, that's not really it.  Here's what we've got (con)currently:

Part I -- Fundamentals
   Introduction
   Thread safety
   Sharing objects safely
   Designing thread-safe classes
   Thread-safe building blocks
Part II -- Structuring concurrent applications
   Task execution
   Cancellation and shutdown
   Applying thread pools
   GUIs and other single-threaded subsystems
Part III -- Liveness, performance, and testing
   Deadlock and other liveness hazards
   Performance
   Testing
Part IV -- Advanced topics
   Explicit locks
   Building custom synchronizers
   Atomic variables and nonblocking synchronization
Appendices
   The Java Memory Model
   Finding concurrency errors with static analysis
   Documenting concurrency

RE: toc : Java Concurrency in Practice?

Peter Veentjer - Anchor Men
The toc looks very interesting.

I have read 'Concurrent Programming in Java' but it is a littlebit out
of sync with the concurrency library in Java 5. At the moment I`m
reading 'Java Threads 3ed' from O'Reilly. It explains the new
concurrency library and it is an easy read (it is a good reference
manual). But I expect more from 'Java Concurrency in Practice'. So as
soon as it is released, I`m going to buy it and give it a thourough