Then the Whos down in Whoville...

Craig Mattocks
...  will all cry "Boo-hoo!"

Amazon Items Ordered:

Java Concurrency in Practice, Brian Goetz, et al

Updated Shipping Estimate: February 15, 2006
Updated Delivery Estimate: February 22, 2006 - February 28, 2006

Seems we'll be carving the Roast Beast a little later than anticipated
this year.

Craig
"My sweet little tot", the fake Santa Claus lied,
    "There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side.
I'll take it back to my workshop, my dear.
    I'll fix it up there, then I'll bring it back here."
                 -- Dr. Seuss, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

Re: Then the Whos down in Whoville...

Brian Goetz
> ...  will all cry "Boo-hoo!"

If it makes you feel any better, my family and I, will be joining in
that big "boo hoo" with all the Whos of Whoville...

> Amazon Items Ordered:
>
> Java Concurrency in Practice, Brian Goetz, et al
>
> Updated Shipping Estimate: February 15, 2006
> Updated Delivery Estimate: February 22, 2006 - February 28, 2006
>
> Seems we'll be carving the Roast Beast a little later than anticipated
> this year.

To be fair, its quite a Roast Beast that we'll be carving.  And there's
not a lot of opportunity for carving it in parallel...

Then the Whos down in Whoville...

Ian Griffiths
You could buy a number of smaller pieces of roast beef.
And get more than one oven.
And borrow some carving knives.
I suppose you've got the plates, knives and forks!
And the hungry mouths.

You could then produce a modern, improved, version of the dining
philosophers program.

And see if you can avoid starvation! :-)

PS. Brian, I enjoyed your talks at JavaPolis.

Happy New Year

Ian