State of Practice Survey on Verification and Validation on Concurrency

State of Practice Survey on Verification and Validation on Concurrency

Margaret Wojcicki

 Dear members of the concurrency-interest group:

I am a PhD student at the University of Queensland and I am conducting a survey to determine the state-of-practice of verification and validation (V&V) of concurrent components.   The questionnaire can be found at: http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~wojcicki/practitioner_survey/VVquest.html and it will take no more than 5-15 minutes to complete.

This questionnaire is being done as part of the TestCon research group (for more information, please visit: www.itee.uq.edu.au/~testcon).   My PhD focuses on the evaluation of V&V technologies for concurrent components, therefore it is of great interest to me to learn what V&V is currently being performed and the context of performing V&V on concurrent components, as well as the sources of information that are used to make V&V technology choices.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your input by filling in the questionnaire. I will be collecting data from the online form until the 31st of March.  If you are interested in the results of the survey, please leave your details in the survey or e-mail me.

Please inform anyone that has an interest in V&V of concurrent components and is not a subscriber of the concurrency-interest list that they can also participate in the survey.

Many thanks,

Maggie Wojcicki

Email: [hidden email]

Web page: www.itee.uq.edu.au/~wojcicki