Potential projects/code that should use Rx

Potential projects/code that should use Rx

Yu Lin-3
Hello,

I saw that Rx will be included in Java9:

I'm starting to learn when and how to use Rx. Some tutorials say that the advantage of Rx (compared with CompletableFuture) is that it can emit multiple values asynchronously  instead of just one value, plus the declarative operators. But the tutorials only show toy examples.

I'm still wondering when should we definitely use Rx. Is there any real code (not toy examples) shows the advantage of Rx? And do you guys know any projects could potentially (or should) use Rx but they haven't done so yet?

Thanks,
Yu

Re: Potential projects/code that should use Rx

Stephane Maldini
I guess you might prefer working on multiple values when you want to do MicroBatching or Analytics, that's our use case for Rx.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 3:48 AM, Yu Lin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I saw that Rx will be included in Java9:

I'm starting to learn when and how to use Rx. Some tutorials say that the advantage of Rx (compared with CompletableFuture) is that it can emit multiple values asynchronously  instead of just one value, plus the declarative operators. But the tutorials only show toy examples.

I'm still wondering when should we definitely use Rx. Is there any real code (not toy examples) shows the advantage of Rx? And do you guys know any projects could potentially (or should) use Rx but they haven't done so yet?

Thanks,
Yu

Stephane Maldini | Solutions Architect, CSO EMEA | London | Pivotal