New project Ursus uses concurrency backport

New project Ursus uses concurrency backport

Anthony Salem
Greetings,

I have released a new open source project to the public under the BSD
license.  It relies on the util.concurrent PR backport by Dawid Kurzyniec.
Since I am using other peoples work I feel obligated to inform them of my
decision.

I just subscribed to this list and I've been reading some of the previous
posts and I feel like a mouse among men. However amaturish my code may be,
perhaps someone out there can benefit from it.

My project is an internet application framework supporting non-blocking IO,
encryption, and SQL persistence.  I borrowed heavily from the slide show on
nio that Doug Lea provided on the "Supplement to Concurrent Programming in
Java" page.

If anyone is interested in this project more information can be found at the
project web site.

http://ursus.sourceforge.net

Also the source can be checked out from module "ursus" at
[hidden email]:/cvsroot/ursus

Sincerely,
Anthony Salem

Re: New project Ursus uses concurrency backport

Dawid Kurzyniec
Anthony Salem wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have released a new open source project to the public under the BSD
> license.  It relies on the util.concurrent PR backport by Dawid
> Kurzyniec.  Since I am using other peoples work I feel obligated to
> inform them of my decision.

Thanks,

BTW, I thought to myself that it would be nice to have a section
"Projects that use backport.util.concurrent" on the backport page. So,
whoever uses the backport and don't mind to have their project listed,
please just send me a URL, and, if you feel like, a brief overview, and
I will be more than happy to put it on the Web.

Regards,
Dawid Kurzyniec

Re: New project Ursus uses concurrency backport

Aleksey Gureiev
Hi,

> BTW, I thought to myself that it would be nice to have a section
> "Projects that use backport.util.concurrent" on the backport page. So,
> whoever uses the backport and don't mind to have their project listed,
> please just send me a URL, and, if you feel like, a brief overview, and
> I will be more than happy to put it on the Web.

We do use it in BlogBridge (http://www.blogbridge.com/). BlogBridge is a
new generation of information management system. At first glance it
looks much like a regular RSS reader, but its features allow to do much
more.

Aleksey Gureev
BlogBridge Team
http://www.blogbridge.com/