JDK code hygiene

Martin Buchholz
The unnecessary imports for the current package were removed by

6378729: Remove workaround for 6280605

If unnecessary imports are the worst problem you can find in
j.u.c. then I am officially "proud" of the results of the
whole concurrency library project started by Doug.

I think it would be good if we had a "JDK janitors" project,
like the Linux kernel has, with a nice set of global changes
that could be done, but I am not going to start one myself.

Martin

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:44:46 +1000
> From: "David Holmes" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: RE: [concurrency-interest] Code Hygiene; Unused Imports
> To: "Ernst, Matthias" <[hidden email]>,
> <[hidden email]>
>
> Matthias,
>
> I haven't checked in detail but many of the "unused" imports are/were
> actually needed to workaround a javadoc bug - ie we needed the import for
> javadoc, not javac.
>
> Not sure of the current state of the world there.
>
> Cheers,
> David Holmes

AW: JDK code hygiene

Ernst, Matthias
> If unnecessary imports are the worst problem you can find in
> j.u.c. then I am officially "proud" of the results of the
> whole concurrency library project started by Doug.

You can be. Besides generics and syntax improvements, j.u.c is my #1
reason why
Java 5 rocks. Way to go, folks.

Matthias