Concurrent Programming in Java

levmatta-3
Hello all (I'm posting public because the answer might be of general
interest),
    listening this mailing list has being a wonderfull learning
experience, and there is something to be sad about exposing ideas in the
form of a dialog, but I would like to know...
    If Doug Lea, his staff (if he has), or the people at Sun are going
to publish a book on the subject. More specifically a update to the
"Concurrent Programming in Java: Design Principles and Patterns", I have
gone to the site and I have found a online suplement, but I am more
interested in a complete update of the book directed at the java 5 (and
above) and plataform.
     Also a better text explananing of the new memory model, and all the
resoning behind it. Just a comment: the paper has unswered questions for
picture labels, very anoying (maybe they are obvious or suposed to make
you think). Or any other book, for that mather, on a related topic.

Thanks all,
Luís Matta

Re: Concurrent Programming in Java

Bob Lee-8
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321349601/qid=1129264349/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-7330121-3353651?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

On 10/13/05, Luís Matta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all (I'm posting public because the answer might be of general
> interest),
>     listening this mailing list has being a wonderfull learning
> experience, and there is something to be sad about exposing ideas in the
> form of a dialog, but I would like to know...
>     If Doug Lea, his staff (if he has), or the people at Sun are going
> to publish a book on the subject. More specifically a update to the
> "Concurrent Programming in Java: Design Principles and Patterns", I have
> gone to the site and I have found a online suplement, but I am more
> interested in a complete update of the book directed at the java 5 (and
> above) and plataform.
>      Also a better text explananing of the new memory model, and all the
> resoning behind it. Just a comment: the paper has unswered questions for
> picture labels, very anoying (maybe they are obvious or suposed to make
> you think). Or any other book, for that mather, on a related topic.
>
> Thanks all,
> Luís Matta

Re: Concurrent Programming in Java

Craig Mattocks
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:33:40 -0500 Bob Lee <[hidden email]>
wrote:

qid=1129264349/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-7330121-3353651?
v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Really not shipping until February 10, 2006?

Re: Concurrent Programming in Java

tpeierls
Craig Mattocks wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:33:40 -0500 Bob Lee <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321349601/qid=1129264349/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-7330121-3353651?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
>
> Really not shipping until February 10, 2006?

No idea how Amazon arrived at that date. Our target is December availability.

--tim