C++ Memory Model and Boost Threads

Unmesh joshi
Hi,

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this message. But I am sending
this email here becaues many of the authors of Java Memory model are also
actively involved in C++ memory model specifications.
   What is the status of C++ memory model?. Are they any concurrency
utilities  similar to Java being added in C++ standard library?. Is Boost
Thread library accepted as basis of thread library added in standard c++?

Thanks,
Unmesh

Re: C++ Memory Model and Boost Threads

Boehm, Hans
An appropriate web page and a pointer to the mailing list is at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/c++mm/ .

We are aiming to include something vaguely along the lines of
java.util.concurrent.atomic.  The rest of java.util.concurrent may or
may not be addressed in the first round of standardization, though there
are commercial products such as Intel's Threading Building Blocks in
roughly that space.

As you will see if you look at the mailing list, there is lots of
ongoing discussion of the threading API.  I think it is likely to
resemble Boost to some extent, but the details are unclear.

Hans